Moving During COVID 19
Moving home can be tricky at the best of times never mind during a pandemic !
If you are reading this you are probably already committed to moving home or at least considering a potential move.
Throughout this blog Richard Healey Removals aim to help potential movers gain a useful insight into the moving process during these unprecedented times.
You have found your ideal new home and now you need a mover. Normally Richard Healey Removals would have a surveyor visit to quote for removal. Visits can still take place however there is new guidelines in place. Read our survey guidelines here.
If you wish to obtain a quote without the need for a face to face visit Richard Healey Removals can arrange a video survey. Video surveys are conducted via Zoom and are free of charge.
The final method Richard Healey Removals use to quote is pricing from a list of goods. Richard Healey Removals will ask that you complete a bespoke form, this will then provide a list of goods that require to be moved. Richard Healey Removals will then be able to quote accurately for your removal from the contents of this form.
Richard Healey removals will provide you with a fully detailed quotation, clearly describing all services to be provided and listing all materials required for the move, allowing you to make a confident decision in choosing Richard Healey Removals to carry out your move.
Once you are beginning to get organised for move day, there are a number of requirements Richard Healey Removals Ltd would ask of you in advance of the move.
• Have you shown any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days? If so make Richard Healey Removals Ltd aware immediately.
• Have you been in contact with anyone who has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days? If so make Richard Healey Removals Ltd aware.
• The customer should deep clean the home and their goods and effects in preparation for the move.
• Any customer that is in a high-risk category should not be present on site. (A representative may need to be appointed in their place).
• The customer should self-pack miscellaneous and non-breakable items wherever possible (Richard Healey Removals can supply the necessary cartons and materials at a reasonable charge).
• Richard Healey Removals to limit any packing service (if possible) to the packing of china, glass and breakable items. (Unless stated otherwise on your quotation).
• The customer should dismantle and re-assemble furniture items wherever possible. (Unless stated otherwise on your quotation).
• One family member only to be in attendance at the premises during the move and the 2m social distance to be maintained at all times.
• During the move, although it will be inevitable that the crew cannot socially distance from each other, the customer must always maintain the 2m spacing from the crew.
• The customer should a wear facemask/visor during the removal process.
• Richard Healey Removals request that no pets are free to roam around the house during the move.
• No other trades people to be in the property(s) during the move process.
• Windows should be opened to maximise ventilation.
What measures we are taking to protect you
• Richard Healey Removals will ensure that teams are consistently working together (i.e. maintain the same crew pairings) so far as is possible in order to minimise staff having multiple/varied work partners.
• Richard Healey Removals will maintain wellness checks at the start of each day, to include temperature readings being taken/reported each morning.
• Staff will be reminded of the need for good hand and respiratory hygiene, and to avoid touching their face. Richard Healey Removals have provided the necessary PPE to all crew members.
• Richard Healey Removals will provide alcohol hand sanitiser to all crew members.
• When travelling in the cab of the vehicle, crew will ensure that windows are opened slightly and that facemasks are worn.
• Richard Healey Removals crew members to maintain social distancing measures as far as is possible when working and should avoid passing in restricted spaces such as hallways, staircases, and landings, and also to wait for the co-worker to leave vehicle load area before entering where possible.
• Every time that a 2-man carry is required, then the crew members should use the PPE provided
• Crew to wash their hands thoroughly on an hourly basis and frequently sanitise.
• Frequent cleaning of all vehicles to include cleaning of the steering wheel, dashboard, seats and door handles etc, and load areas, together with all equipment, to be deep cleaned daily.
Staff and customer safety is paramount at Richard Healey Removals to ensure we can continue operating. Richard Healey Removals and all crew members will ensure that the above points are adhered to and strictly monitored, and with the co-operation with our clients, we will continue to provide a high standard of service that is expected within the company.